Sunday, December 03, 2006

Shame On The Moon

I thought I'd celebrate the last Full Moon of 2006 by sharing an old map I used to use to help people be more in touch with the emotional theme of each lunar cycle. Here's a list of each full moon and it's accompanying set of self-directed questions to help you to use that cycle to 'search within'.
A good practice on the days leading up to including the day of the full moon is to do the infamous Rip-A-Day Diary. Spend 10-15 minutes alone writing, recording or typing your thoughts about the question that Full Moon has for you. Once you finish, review it and discard any writing, recording or typing to your left. If you're by a PC, just move your desk around so the screen is off to the left. If you're recording your thoughts, simply erase them using the same tactics as you did for writing this.

1st Full Moon of Winter: Vulnerability (Fear In The Past)
Ask yourself, "How can I think of my shortcomings as hidden strengths?"

2nd Full Moon of Winter: Apprehension (Fear In The Present)
Ask yourself, "How can I think of my present obstacles as hidden opportunities?"

3rd Full Moon of Winter: Anxiety (Fear In The Future)
Ask yourself, "How can I think of the uncertainty of my future and feel comfortable about it?"


1st Full Moon of Spring: Bitterness (Anger In The Past) Ask yourself, “How can I move old grudges, losses and hurt feelings to a new and better place in my life now?"

2nd Full Moon of Spring: Rage (Anger In The Present) Ask yourself, "How can I reposition my anger as a fuel to overcome new obstacles, rather than reanimate old ones?"

3rd Full Moon of Spring: Wistfulness (Anger In The Future) ”Ask yourself, How can I shift my attitude away from obstacles in front of me? How can this perspective alter the course my life seems to be following now?

1st Full Moon of Summer: Rejection (Loneliness In The Past) Ask yourself, "What can I realize about allowing others to enter and leave my life according to their own path? How can I design my life to make myself more attractive to …myself?"

2nd Full Moon of Summer: Abandonment (Loneliness In The Present) Ask yourself, “What thoughts, feelings, and choices can I allow myself to step courageously beyond now? How will my life shift in its daily focus when I call a renewed, vital wiser self forward?

3rd Full Moon of Summer: Isolation (Loneliness In The Future) Ask yourself, “What aspects of my life do I feel the necessity to divide and conquer? Who does it divide? Who does it conquer? How can I allow myself to notice more similarities between myself and others? What’s in it for me to establish a unique identity?"

1st Full Moon of Fall: Regret (Loss In The Past) Ask yourself, “What thoughts, feelings, and actions trigger an experience of separateness in my life? How can I transform these symbolic boundaries?”

2nd Full Moon of Fall: Sadness (Loss In The Present) Ask yourself, “How can I allow myself to acknowledge defeat with an awareness of it’s temporary 'now-ness'?"
3rd Full Moon of Fall: Pessimism (Loss In The Future) Ask yourself, “How can I use my unresolved fear of failure and/or success as a life lesson?
Feel free to create your own questions as well. It's intended to be sculpted by you and evolve as your awareness of the world within expands. A good general idea to hold to is that the surfacing of a 'negative' emotional state indicates you have gone beyond the boundaries of your life experiences and entered the vast realm of your existence. Use the novelty of that moment to embrace your future. It's heartbeats away. The price for all growth and change involves realizing that anything you personally experience represents the collective experience of everybody. The key is to remember that your life can only reflect what is unique to you about what is shared with all of us...
Until The Winter Arrives, MRF 12.03
Additional Reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home